Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to BASE

Ok so I am finally back training FULL schedule this week - I could not help myself and took a couple of hour long easy runs over the weekend to get the legs warmed back up. I must say I feel full of energy and ready to go after two weeks off. Weights this morning and swiming session at lunch will be a good start. I plan on working in this new class - supposedly a mix between Yoga and Pilates. Wonder what you would call that - Yo Ga Pil, How about Pi Late Yo Ga. Better leave that one to someone else. I will probably be the only guy in the class - that seemed to be the case when I was taking Pilates, oh well, trust me it will not be the first time I looked like an idiot in front of people in my life and I doubt the last time. So what the hell! I have done Pilates in the past and I thought it was very helpful. Everything I read says Yoga is great for Tri people and should be especially helpful with getting a more agressive fit on the bike. Free speed as they say, the more aero you can get while not losing power is the key. Working on the diet too, decided to really try and do the Paleo diet as much as possible. Joe Friel is definately the man in my book when it comes to Tri training! Basically most people like Gordo, Strause and others with there own web sites are just rehahsing what Joe "The Man" Friel has been saying and doing for years. Time to get rid of that Turkey Butt! See you out there!

1 comment:

Brett said...

I have the Paleo Diet for Athletes book if you want to borrow it. Welcome back to training. Don't start out too hard!