Thursday, March 22, 2007

When should I replace my running shoes?


Anyone who has run for a while knows the importance of a good pair of running shoes. Once you have that, the question is.. When should I replace them? Provided you have a pair that you like and fit well, you should get anywhere from 300 - 700 miles out of them. So how do you know? Not sure for others, but I can feel the shoe starting to break down especially on my long runs. My legs will feel the pounding a little more in the later miles, I may feel the shoe roll to one side a little more than normal. One other thing I have noticed is I will have to tighten the shoe laces or quick ties periodically as the shoe seems to lose its tightness and fit around my foot. Today I bought a new pair of shoes and decided to calculate roughly how many miles I got out of my last pair. For me the number seems to be about 550 miles. Let me know what your number is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all
Just found this site and thought it might be useful to chat to people who are trying to accomplish the same as me!

I spend too much of my life on the internet and look forward to chatting to you all and picking up and sharing ideas along the way!


So how is everyone doing?? :)

Air Jordan 6 shoes said...

Best blog post title of the year.Great comments all around. I like how there are a variety voices coming through.

Anonymous said...

Some purists claim that Rolex replicas are not the way to go ?however, one suspects that these same people may belong to the wealthier set where disposable income is not an issue. Imagine having to pay $20,000 for a watch that you may wear infrequently! This is where an imitation watch serves a perfect purpose. The quality of these replica timepieces are now so perfect that it is almost impossible to tell the difference between that and the original.
[url=http://repliquemontre.ucheapwatches.com/rolex-daytona-montre-c-6.html][img]http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac223/Photobucket2025/rolexdatetona.jpg[/img][/url]
see [url=http://repliquemontre.ucheapwatches.com/rolex-sea-dweller-montre-c-61.html]Rolex Sea Dweller Montres[/url]