Monday, February 19, 2007

I need to get warm!

Like most of us training types I am sick of the cold weather. A long ride on Saturday in the cold and wind followed by a long run on Sunday in the same just gets old after a while. Lucky for me I have about 2 weeks to go before I go on vacation in Bonaire. Looking forward to 85 degrees sunny skies, warm water and scuba. Should be lots of fun; I have scheduled my workouts so that I am on a recovery week during that time so all I will need to do is a few swims and some easy running. Other than that, just some good old R&R in the islands. Yes, I know I am bragging a little! After that is the last push before my first IM - April 15th. I will have about 3 weeks of Build training and then start my taper. Arizona looks pretty warm as well that time of year, but no humidity so it should feel pretty good to a southern boy who is used to the humid days of summer here in the East. Now if I can just make it through 2 more weeks of cold training things should be looking up or warm or better or all the above!

1 comment:

Brett said...

Pretty cool recipe section you got there. I'll have to try that pasta one!