Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Trigeek Toys from Santa!


Ok what toys did Santa bring? No coal this year however, I was threatened several times by the wife if I did not pick something out soon. Santa always knows what I like though, so I picked out one of the GORE windstopper bike jackets. Wore it last night for a brick session, running about an hour yesterday evening. All I can say is "perfect" fits nice and snug, breathes, but stops the wind, fuzzy around the neck, so no scratchy, itchy stuff going on there. Sleeves zip off when riding the bike starts out cold but gets 30 degrees warmer by nooon (Typical NC Winter weather). Best of all the whole thing folds around itself into the back pocket in a small little ball - this has two velcro straps to hang somewhere on your bike. So it can start off cold, zipp out the sleeves a little later and if you are still riding and it gets real warm, just take it off and voila it stores by 2 simple straps of velcro around the top tube.

Ok here is where Santa got smart; did not ask for this, but Santa knows what I like. She (Wife is Santa) got me a Garmin Forerunner 305. Did not know quite what to think at first, but now that I have used it for several long runs, I am really starting to like this thing. Instant detailed info on everything from heart rate, distance, pace etc. etc. Perfect for my long runs; I went out while in knoxville for several 2 hour runs, turns out to be quite hilly in Knoxville. Thanks to the 305 I could esaily set an alarm to let me know if I pushed too hard on the hills and my heart rate went out of my training zone. When you are done, connect it to the laptop and downlaod the results into the traiing software for detailed analysis. Have not tried it on the bike yet but that should be really cool as well, since you can see the course you just road or create a course first and have it show you where you need to turn. Ever get lost on a long bike ride? I have, not anymore, not with the new GPS toy!

Santa is so smart!

No comments: